Lettering in aphabet editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettering in aphabet editor

Do you have to design each letter in Aphabet editor or is there a way to make one letter and build the others off af it. I wany to use just outlined letters 6 in high x 2.7in wide with the outline 3/16 in wide, no fill inside. The lettering in the list, tackel twill, comes out different sizes and distorted. I am able to fix them, but it is takes time trying to do that. Has to be an easer way. Bill

What you have to do, IMO, is to digitize the letters in your regular DS, just as you would digitize a normal design. Do not put in underlay. And you can digitize all the letters in one window. Then select the A. Bring up the Alpha Editor and start a new alpha by hitting new and put in a name for it. When you get the screen, just paste in the A that you had just copied. Move it to the right place and set the thingy for the start of the next letter. Sometimes I resize it SLIGHTLY. You DO NOT want to tweak your letter here. You do all that in the reg DS. If you have done all your letters, you can just copy/paste them one after another. But be sure each letter in in correctly.

If you digitize it yourself in DS, then when you use your new alphabet, it will act judt like a TTF. You can add underlay, resize, use pull compensation, All the stuff you can do normally with fonts.

If you are using someone elses digitized alphas, done in some other format, then to do all the reg stuff with your font, you have to wireframe it so that it is a true ofm format. Wireframing it will do that.

i just digitized the font called Algerian, and I used parts, like uprights, and the little hanggy tail, part of the V for part of the W, etc. Yes, you can use parts t build other letters IN THE REGULAR DS, NOT IN ALPHABET EDITOR.

Have fun,

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli,

Did the editor create an alphabet file for your Algerian that is located inside the font folder?
      Marcelle Lewis
      http://embroideryavenue.com
      http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Yes, indeed it did. Works fine, but only if you digitize each letter in DS and then copy to the Editor. The file ends up in the first section.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
        X