Karate belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karate belts

I have just been asked to put a stripe on a karate belt. Can some one give me information on how to stitch through something this thick?
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Sharp 80/12 needle
    density: 4 pts
    Edgewalk and double zig zag underlay.

I've seen people hoop a karate belt in a 36x30 cm hoop in the top to bottom direction with success. That's if you don't own the specialty belt hoop.
    Be sure to slow the machine down to around 750 spm as there won't be anything holding the sides of the belt from moving - only the ends of the belt will be held.
    Backing shouldn't be necessary as the belt is thick enough. Although some folks would hoop tear a way backing only to hold the belt from moving side to side while sewing. But then you'll have the issue of backing possibly showing on the backside of the belt. If you are sewing on a black belt, you could consider black backing.

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I forgot to mention to tighten your bobbin tension on the bobbin case somewhat so that you will see very little if no bobbin on the backside of the belt. (You want both sides of the belt to look the same.)
      Practice a couple of times to correctly accomplish this.

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X