Letters on cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters on cap

I am using the WACF for the first time amd I am trying to do a logo like I have been putting on shirts. The fill does just fine but when I go to do the lettering it will not stitch it out and the thread frays and breaks. What the heck!!! Ok I know there is someone who experienced this too. What can I do? Help Help!!

Gary
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Gary-

There are many reason why it may not be stitching out well on the cap. I am new to my AMAYA and to doing caps too. These are some of the Qs that were asked of me, when I was having probs?

Did you alter the size of your design?
    Is the size of your FONT within its 'boundries' for use? Did you adjust the density?
    What speed are you stitching at?
    What type of hat?
    What type of backing are you using?

Hope this helps, and I am sure that some of the "oldtimers" around here will have some great advice!!

Good Luck!

Laurie

Comment

Thanks I did lessen the size to 80% maybe I need to digitize it again. The hat is from Otto and they are 65 poly and 35 cotton. They are an excellent hat. I just got a dozen hats and have ruined 3 so far.... I hope that is not a sign of things to come. I did 2 hats with a different design and no problems. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Oh there is one more thing how do you move the WACF to stitch on the sides of the hats?

Comment

Are you using an 80/12 needle? Don't forget the backing. I'm doing Ottl 31-538's right now. Is you art sewing bottom first and middle to the lest and right? Also pressure foot up/down 1 o2 clicks?
          ACU feed at 8?
          Run the machine slow - I'm running 550 spm.
          Best -
          Gabi
          in Tucson
          520-260-6650
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

I just adjusted the pressure foor like the help video said, just the where it touches the fabric. I wish they had a guide for the ACU feed. I had it on auto. I am using 75/11 and had no problems with the first design. I ran the machine at 700. This is all new for me so I am listening to all you seasoned veterans.

Comment

Thank you for this information. I need to do hats on the side to and was not sure how. Thanks . Pam
              Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Comment

You might want to change to a sharp needle instead of a ball point. I always sew all my caps with the pressure foot all the way down. Especially with structured caps where flagging causes thread fraying. Also instead of using actifeed on auto try standard with 6-8. You can adjust it according to how it is sewing. I sew my caps at 1200 so once you get the kinks worked out don't be afraid to accelerate.

Cindy in Phoenix

Comment

I was using a 75-1a needle and it did fine until I went to small letters, then all heck happened.

Comment

75-11 Needle that is sorry

Comment

Working...
                    X