monogram on duvet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monogram on duvet

A customer sent me a queen size duvet and 2 shams. I searched the archives and found some help. I need to know what size is appropriate for the duvet - border, lettering, image, all total. My largest hoop is about 16 x 8. I don't want a tiny image in the middle of a huge spread. One site I found suggested letters 10-12". There's hardly room for any border. I hope someone has done something like this and can offer some help. Thanks!
    Darlene Duseberg
    Five Point Embroidery
    Perrysburg, OH
    Darlene

I just received a scanned picture from 'Traditional Home' magazine from a lady showing just what you describe. It has 3 initials and a 4 section frame making a triangle. I have also seen these pictured on shower curtains. I tried just a single initial over the weekend with a less elaborate frame and will be trying more versions. I thought it looked like the one in the picture would require our largest wood frame in order to get the effect.

If you will email me at [email protected] I will send you the scanned picture. I think it will give you some help.
    Marcelle Lewis
    http://embroideryavenue.com
    http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Yes, thank you. I will write to you for that picture. Today I started a practice sew-out, as so many members have stressed to do - but immediately saw that the satin stitches were way too large. Three jumps stitches and I stopped. I made everything into fill stitches, but the stitch count now is over 64,000. Can someone explain how to divide the one wide satin stitch into 2-3 columns? I think I read about split satin? I am not a digitizer but I believe I should be able to do this with my machine. THanks ahead.
      Darlene
      Five Point Embroidery
      Darlene

Comment

Hi guys
        Just reading this old post. I just had a customer ask me about doing a couple of pillow shams with a large monogram.
        Anyone here done the “split column stitch” mentioned in the above thread??

Comment

It's been eons since I've tried this and my old DS doesn't have auto split stitch, but here are a couple of old threads that explain it:
          10/26/2007 Satin Stitches
          10/29/2008 Melco's Fanci Monogram

If you don't have this feature there is a way to do it, but since I did it so long ago and you may have the auto split feature, I'll forgo trying to explain. The one problem I experienced was because I was using a metallic thread. It occasionally didn't catch the bobbin thread so the stitch would go all the way across the column creating a very wide stitch.

Comment

Working...
          X