Fleece Stocking Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleece Stocking Cap

I have a customer who wants a name on a fleece stocking cap. I am trying to figure a way to use the WACF however I am afraid it will fall of the frame. Could I get some expert advise on what to with the cap, or what hoop would work the best. I only have to hoops that came with the Amaya XT
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

I use the fast frame for these and use a sticky back and the fasteners on the sides to hold in place.
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Comment

I use the speed frame system...but you CAN hoop a stocking cap in a standard round hoop. Just do NOT stretch the cap out-only pull it enough if there is a pattern or ridges (like a knit beanie) to straighten it out.
      Use a tear away on the back, and if it has a high loft (thick loop texture) then use solvy on top.
      Not going to work on a hat frame at all-don't bother waste your time.

Comment

Thanks looks like I need to order a hoop.

Comment

So do you lay the tear away underneath or do you hoop it with the hat?

Comment

put the tearaway inside the hat so you can grab the 'brim' area and hold the tearaway against the edge to line it up-gives you a straight edge to go by.
            Slide the 'inside' hoop into the hat, doesn't matter if it sticks out beyond the hat-once you start sewing the tearaway holds it in place.
            Then apply the outer (top) of the hoop and snap it together. Might have to start with the inside hoop screw loose-hat could be pretty thick.

Comment

Working...
            X