Guard for bobbin case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard for bobbin case

Anyone familiar with the guard for the bobbin case? Saw something on line from somewhere in Canada, after having my AMAYA "bite into" a towel a couple of times, I'd like to have one of these. Now that Maderia is in charge, where do I go to get one?
    Susan
    Hidden Cottage

I'd like to have one to prevent the "bite" my finger received when I put it a little too close to the bobbin case while the machine was running...ouch! (I stuck my hand under to make sure nothing would get caught under the hoop and instead got caught myself.)
    Mary

Comment

Maderia is not in charge. They simply sell thread, backings, needles and such.

For some reason, which is beyond me, Melco has chosen to stop selling embroidery supplies, not machine parts.

Depending on what model and year Amaya machine you have, this "guard" for around the bobbin case will be different.

So be sure to have your serial number handy when you call Melco.

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Mary-

That hurts sooo bad!

I did not do it on my AMAYA, but the acient Barudan I was using a few months ago. Actually it was just before we got the new machine and I think that "Bertha" was not happy she was being replaced! I too reached under to ake sure all was clear like I had a hundred times before and I got it good!! Bleeding everywhere - almost needed stitches, she tore my fingettip open big time!

I guess that is how we learn though... now I am extra careful about where I put my fingers!

Laurie

Comment

I made My Own Cover for the Bobbin Case.
          I used a Cheese Knife
          Bent it to Cover the area And attached a Very Strong Magnet to it and ti works Perfectly.

&lt;a href="http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/greenwingusa/?action=view&current=DSCF01601.jpg" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/greenwingusa/DSCF01601.jpg" border="0" alt="Rotary hook cover"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

here is a link
            to a pic
            http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/.../DSCF01601.jpg
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

And it installed
              http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/.../DSCF01631.jpg

It cost nomore then the magnet I aready had.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Are you still able to "cut the cheese"???
                I mean with the knife???
                -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Seriously,
                  That's a great little invention.
                  Better get you patent on it before melco does.

I guess you could also use a small spoon.

Ed

Comment

It works great
                    I don't know if a spoon would work as well as the handle would not hold the magnet as well as the flat blade of the knife.

I never cut the cheese it must have been the Dog...

I lost it once and could not find it looked everywhere finally found it stuck to the dogs collar.

Perhaps he was out cutting the cheese...

they are quite strong magnets.

[email protected]
                    Jerome in Minnesota
                    (320)259-1151

Comment

Not sure if you're still using floppy disks or not but if so, be careful with those magnets.

This use to be a problem for folks in years past who used floppy disks in their machines and also had those magnetic strips to hold the thread in place when heads were not being used on multi-head machines.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone is thinking about introducing magnets around the machines.

Ed

Comment

I am "Very" Aware of what a magnet can do to magnetic media.

There is nothing in the sewing arm that could be harmed.

And no flash drive is in danger either they are kept clear.

Thanks for the caution though
                        [email protected]
                        Jerome in Minnesota
                        (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                        X