Hooping thick jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooping thick jackets

What is the best method for "hooping" thick jackets (e.g. Carharts)? Does anyone use the clamp system? What about double hoops? We are getting a number of them to do the backs and are having a certain difficulty with the regular back hoops.

TIA

Bill
    Bill

Double hoop for sure.
    I've had some Carharts that took two people to hoop. One to hold down hoop and one to tighten hoop. Then pray it doesn't jump out.
    I use a small rubber mallet to tap the hoop in place on those really thick jackets.

Comment

Use the clamps. Easy, accurate, no popping out of the hoop. Good luck.

Comment

What is the double hoop method?

Comment

Until we convinced our clients to switch to the better Sanmar jacket (made for embroidery with hidden zippers) we had to use a seam ripper to open up the bottom hem on the Carhartts, then slide your hoop and backing up inside the back, and hoop where you want it. That vertical seam down the middle is a beatch...sanmar doesn't have it. Then you can sew the hem up when done, we paid a seamstress $5 to do it for us. Now your 'back' bobbin thread and backing doesn't show, and you haven't destroyed the insulation of the jacket-and yes, sewing down a design through insulation flattens it out-and destroys any value of the insulation. You will find it much easier to do the hoops by getting inside the jacket back!

Comment

Some wooden hoops are thicker and hold jackets better. Lots of times it takes 2 of us to hoop some of those jackets and I really hate the ones they bring in with the little gusset as I call it on each side.

Linda

Comment

What are the clamps? Where do you get them and how do you use them?
              Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Comment

Hoopmaster has a new product that uses magnets to hold the hoop together. Really fantastic. It was newly available at the ISS show in Long Beach this weekend. Great for thick jackets.

Comment

Yes, The hoopmaster "mighty hoops" do look rather neat but just know that their website is mentioning that there is a two to three week shipping time.

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVc0...layer_embedded

Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                  X