Embroidery on pillow cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery on pillow cases

Need to embroider on pillowcases on my Amaya XT. The design is below 7000 stitches and the pillowcases are 400 thread ct. Need advice on backing and needle size to keep from puckering. Do I use sharp needle?
    Viv Yost <br />V-Embroidery<br />Denton, Texas

I just did a whole bunch of them. Only names, but large. Did it on the double edge. I used my Slimline clamp and used hat stabilizer under. Worked great and all the stabilizer came right off.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks Juli,

What size needle did you use? Was it sharp?

Also when I use my Slimline clamp, the frame starts to flag. The frame doesn't have much grip. How do I fix the flagging? Does anyone know what causes the flagging?

Viv
      Viv Yost <br />V-Embroidery<br />Denton, Texas

Comment

When I first got my SlimLine it was not adjusted. You have to loosen the 4 screws (2 on each side), move the frame up or down so you can just slip a piece of stabilizer under it, then tighten the screws. It does tell you that in the instructions that came with the SlimLine, but they are very hard to understand. Mine started out too low and was scraping the hell out of the arm. But once I figured it out, with the help of this list, it is good now.

Your SlimLine came with two top pieces. Try the other one to see if that helps with the flagging. And my SL has tremendous grip!!! In fact, I have a hard time putting the lever down. So, if yours is loose, I'd say something is definitely wrong. And I clamp across heavy seams all the time and have no trouble with everything moving. Those things can clamp just about everything.

What needle did I use? I dono - probably a sharp ball point or maybe it's a balled sharp. Anyway, it is between a sharp and a ball point. Works for me. And it was a 75/11 because 99% of the time that is what I have on there.

Did you know that every needle actually has inscribed on it exactly what it is? It is just so faint that unless you have excellent eyesight you will never even know it's there at all! I have to wait until my granddaughter visits me to have her read them!

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

even with a magnifying glass I haven't seen that...LOL...I've had to use a glass just to thread the needles at times, and that is WITH my reading glasses.
          Old age....things start to fail...
          what was I talking about?

Comment

Juli,

I have to Ditto everything that you said...the first part is the exact same thing that happened to us...my husband was still working back then and I used the slim line many times and one day he was in there helping and noticed the arm all scratched to Hell as you put it and boy I was in BIG Trouble for not knowing this was happening...
            he was able to sand the arm down and it's not that noticable now and he got the instructions that came with it out and adjusted it...it took a while to do this...we don't use the slim line much after I forgot to close the thing once and made a wreck out of my grabber and also bent the slim line too...refer back a few days or a week ago to another posting of mine...LOL...I guess we all go through the same things learning from our mistakes or for me my stupid mistakes...but I have learned from all or most all of them and haven't done the same ones again...well maybe Don forgets to push the roller back down sometimes after threading and this is a pain in the B___...
            it's great to read on here that we aren't the only ones that do these things...we don't seem as dumb when we know others have made the same mistakes as we do...take care and until next time...

Jenny
            Westbrook Wonders
            Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X