Letterman jacket applique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letterman jacket applique

Has anyone ever done a letterman jacket by stitching the letters as an applique. I want to do this and feel there must be a way. I have tried scanning the letter and trying to size it and then digitizing the tackdown but I can never get the stitches to match the size of the letter when put on the XT. Maybe I am missing something here. I thought about going to Corel Draw to draw where the stitches go but I am not sure that will do the trick. I am open for any and all suggestions. I know it is not a sewing machine but if there was a way it would look so good.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Digitize you letter as just a running outline. Save that as letterapp.ofm. Hoop (startched) applique material and run letterapp.ofm. Take it out of the hoop and cut along all thread lines. This will be the actual applique.

Now, in DS, open letterapp.ofn and copy the outline and make it a different color. Change the run stitch to a tackdown stitch, that is a loose zig zag. Copy that and change the color and make this the satin. and save this file as letterfinish.ofm

Now hoop the jacket and load the letterfinish.ofm. Set the colors and put a "hold" after the first (of 3) colors. This will allow the "placement" line the stitch and stops so you can put down the cut out applique the you already did. Hit the start button and finish.

Juli in Kona

Hoop the jacket,
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli
      I gave it up I had to many problems lining up the letter. I am considering purchasing a regular sewing machine to do that. Thank you for checking on me. Since you are here I am trying to embroider a design I digitized on a sweater. It is a fine knit sweater. I have tried all kinds of backings and toppings and there are still a few threads poking out. the design looks great except for a few threads. Do you have any ideas? thanks

Gary in Illinois
      Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Comment

Working...
      X