Tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tension

Has anyone delt with trying to stitch an applique on a thick chenille? I am trying to adjust the feed setting as the actifeed will not do it. It is not successful and I keep getting thread breaks. I even got a needle break once.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

If you hold the green "go" button down, it will sew at 35 or so stitches per minute. This gives you a chance to watch a few things. Check how much the bar flexes when the thread take-up lever takes it back up. Is it flexing a LOT? If so, increase feed. Is it barely moving? If so, decrease feed. It's easier to see if you are using one of the middle needles -- 7 through 10 -- because the bar doesn't flex as much at the end needles. You can also watch the bobbin area at this slow speed. Is everything moving like it should, or is the upper thread getting tangled in places, causing it to break? Use a good backing or a few layers of backing; even though chenille is thick, it is soft and shifts and gives, not providing a lot of pull resistance. Once you get everything under control, stitch slow, around 600 or so, and gradually incrase speed.

HTH,
    Judy

Comment

Thanks Judy, I will see how that works.

Comment

Well the thread is not grabbing the bobbin. I have the feed set at 6 I will lower the number and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X