Outlinning and accents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlinning and accents

Can someone explane how to outline a graphic with a satin stich. I can get the scanned graphic to stich "ok" but can't figure how to outline major elements in it for accent. The original drawing has an outline and other lines in it for accents, but when I stich it out, it treats all of the outlines as one element and lays it down all at one time. I am trying to stich white wings. Then outline each feather in a wing and the entire wing.
    Bruce & Suzanne<br />B&S Enterprises

Two methods that I can think of.
    1. Delete all autodigitized outlines and start all over putting in manual outlines.

2. Split out the places in the outline where you want a color change and chance the color.

And I'll bet the outline that you got with the autodigitizing is not satin, but fill. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fixing autodigitized designs takes longer than just doing the whole thing from scratch. And you will get a better design.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I've done some eagles like you want, easiest way is to just 'outline' with a 'normal walk stitch' and figure out a pattern to do each feather, then the wing, without doubling back if possible. The more you can do in one 'line' the faster it goes. If it is going to be the same color as the feather fill, then add it as the last item in that color group. If a different color, then add a color change. Just try to do the outlining immediately after the fill-so there is no shift in the fabric or sewing to move the area.
      Set stitch length to 15 for a neat outline, 25 if you want a loose outline. Bean stitch if you want a fat line, but I don't know what settings-I haven't been happy with any bean stitch I've tried for small outlines.
      Merry Christmas!
      Roland

Comment

Ok, Ok I'll try to learn this stuff. But, I can always hope for the easy way out.
        Bruce & Suzanne<br />B&S Enterprises

Comment

Working...
        X