oil drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil drops

Every now and then my machine decides to drop oil on my garments while stitching. I wipe down my machine every morning and can't see where any oil is coming from. Anybody got a good idea how to get the oil out of the garments? My regular laundry stain remover did not get it out.

Have you tried Dawn dishwashing liquid? Great degreaser.

Comment

Elizbeth,

Probably the soaker pad/sop pad that is located at the bottom of the head behind the needle case is saturated with oil and needs to be squeeged out a bit. It's sle purpose in life is to collect excess oil and whn it becomes saturated, the only place oid has to go is down and you know already where that is.

Take the needle case to #1 needle...for safety, turn off the machine, remove the "right" front black cover and you will see the oil pad at the bottom center of the needle case area just above the presser foot shaft. Take a paper towel and a flat blade screwdriver and apply pressure several times, the paper towel will absorb some of the oil making room for more.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod...thanks for a good tip-we've had it happen once in awhile (on the original Big Red) from over oiling, nice to know how to 'fix' it in case it happens on the XT!
        Thanks for passing on helpful information!
        Roland

Comment

I too have that happening around needle 14 since my tech was here last week.....Thanks for the tip Rod.

Comment

"Anybody got a good idea how to get the oil out of the garments?"

Try Electronic Contact Cleaner by Sprayway.

I've used this for years and not only is it good for removing oil from fabric it is excellent for cleaning machine parts..

Wayne

Comment

Working...
            X