No announcement yet.

Pique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you might try is to make the fill between the spokes as just one big fill and then do the spokes on top of that. Using one big uniform fill would be better than lots of smaller objects.

Another thing you might try (I have been doing this lately with great success) is to float hat stabilizer under the mesh. But just the mesh and the hat stabilizer and forget the other tearaway.

Using the hat stabilizer work especially well under solid designs. And it tears off so that you can't even tell it was used at all.

What is your min column width. I like mine set to no less than 1mm, and usually 1.1 to 1.3.

If your design is dishing, this means there are just too many stitches - density too heavy. One trick I use to lighten the density is to use a heavier underlay and a lighter fill. But, I'd try the hat stabilizer first.

Time to stop sewing and start cooking! Merry Christmas everyone!

Juli in Kona where we are going to have a Beautiful Hawaiian Day.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Here's some things to try...on your scrap.
      FIll, stitch length of 15, underlay set to 25 and at least 45 degrees off from the fill. On the DS 7 I would use fill #14, not sure what that is in DS 9 but I rarely use 'default' fill-find one with less pattern in it. Density-try 4.2 and see if that helps, same on lettering, drop it to 4 and stitch length 15 if you can. Don't bother with adhesive, that gums up everything. Your starting understitch should hold the design in place. Hoop the shirt with almost no 'stretch'-this is what makes the worst pucker when it gets unhooped-the stitches are pulling it together.
      It takes some tweaking but once they look great, write down your settings on the sample (on the white backing) and put it in your scrapbook of samples-that's what I do.
      Another trick-after you get it the best you can, STEAM IT with a hand held steamer, or press it in a heat press (For hats) and that will flatten that pucker right out. Once it gets worn and washed, it should settle down nicely. We go through the same thing with Kiwanis shirts. Took a ton of sample sewouts to get it decent.
      Roland

Comment

This tip was from Rod several years ago...set your 'minimum column width' to 10 for default and shut 'short stitch' OFF for lettering under .25 inch.
        Works for us!

Another one just puttering around on the day before Christmas with nothing left to do...LOL...
        enjoy that sun , Juli...we're freezing over here in New Hampshire!

Comment

Believe me I will give it all a try. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.
          MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!
          Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Comment

Working...
          X