Hoop falling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoop falling off

I am hooping a down vest.. with a plastic Amaya square hoop.. and the hoop will not stay on.... I loosen it.. and can barely get it hooped.. so I tighten it.. and I can barely get it hooped.. then when/if I do... it pops right off ! I have ruined 2 of my customers items !! Help!

This, it would seem, is one of those "hard to hoop" items. I would hoop the staiblizer, spray with 505 (or such) carefully lay the vest down on it and either hand or machine tack down. Now it will stay in position and you can go ahead and embroider.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Sorry to hear of your problems. That is why I have several small (micro) clamps around the machine. I have and do use plastic spring clamps plus I got some 1" "C" clamps at Home Depot for a job in the shop and they work fine. The ony thing is you really MUST be careful that they clear the machine delicate parts BEFORE you press Start. I also like Juli's idea as well, for me it would depend on the location and size of the design. You will just need to babysit the job to watch for any complications.

Comment

Thanks for your tips... I'm wondering if it's the square hoop too... I went with a 7" round, and it is working now. Very frustrating when this happens... Thanks again.. I'm gonna get some clamps too

Comment

A down jacket should be able to handle tightening after you have it hooped. I would loosen the hoop to get the jacket hooped and then tighten the hoop before putting it on the machine. I do this with letterman's jackets all the time.

Dorothy
          Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

You can get some thin athletic tape at Walgreen's. It's stretchy and looks like thin foam on a roll. Wrap a few strips around your top hoop before hooping. It will keep everything snug.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
            Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Working...
            X