Rotating tool in OS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating tool in OS problem

In DS9, after sending design to OS and then using the "F" rotating tool, the design does not show back up. I end up sending the design to OS multiple times, eventually it works, but time consuming. Any thoughts on this? Any setting I should be checking? Service tech was perplexed by this.
    Tricia
    Sharp Threads
    Almont, MI

The exact same thing was happening to me yesterday. However, the second time I sent a design to the OS, the rotate did work. Since I was doing different names, every one of which had to be rotated, it was, as you say, time consuming. I think it is a glitch in the OS.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have this happen to me all the time. It is very irritating and time consuming I agree. It seems like it does better if I just click the f once, wait for it to turn then do it again to rotate it upside down.

cheryl k.
      Catz Embroidery
      Indep. KS

Comment

Not sure why the service techs would be perplexed by this. I reported this issue during the first week V9 was released. What finally resolved this issue was a new video card. Version 9 uses the "GL Open Application" in Windows and you need an accelerated video card to accommodate the version that Melco used when programming Ver.9. As the software versions upgrade, they tend to need more hardware to support it. Since I got a new video card and monitor, I have not had the problem. I'm running Windows 7 also.

I also found that in V9, the colors are now defaulting to Madeira which is frustrating. Any one else run into a fix for that? I know I can't get ARC thread anymore, but I'm not changing all my numbers and thread colors on everything. If I change the default to ARC or Isacord or whatever, it doesn't hold. It goes to Madeira, even when I right-click and change the color to an ARC color, it won't change it. I have to right-click on the left part of the screen palette, and then it will take the change.

And, more still, another glitch is when I send my design to print, it won't unless I have it in 3D mode. Is this shared among others?

Comment

I have the workaround for that. You need to rename the the Mederia file to something like MederiaB.txt or whatever the extension is. Then rename the file you want to appear as the default to the exact name of the Mederia file (whatever that was before you renamed it). Now the default thread that comes up says that it is the Mederia threads, but it is your own file (probably the ARC file). Do you still have the thread chart you want to use or did it disappear with the update?

I think that Melco should make the default thread chart a user choice, not a hard coded item.

Juli in Kona

Comment

I have a new computer with an accelerated video card and I still have trouble with it disappearing when rotating.

Comment

Does anyone have issues with the DS9 workspace? Nearly every time I open DS9 all the items on the workspace are not where I last left them. I prefer to have my toolbars on the top of the screeen and not on the side, BUT, 90% of the time they are back where they were before I moved them, every once in a while they stay where I wanted them. One other issue I have experienced was a quick start icon on the desktop for DS9 starting Melco Sizer and NOT DS9. I think I may need a drink, I don't think I already had one.

Comment

Yes, I experience that too. I have to rearrange every time and somethings, it moves the icons right after I send a design to the machine. It is frustrating that it doesn't hold the preferences of the user. I agree.

Comment

Thanks Juli. I do have the thread chart available...it's ARC that I was using. I don't want to switch to Madeira so that wouldn't be my default choice anyway. I agree, it should allow the user to choose their defaults and then hold the preferences. Thanks!

Comment

Ice Man,
                    One of the common mistakes I see a lot of new users do when they first receive their software disc is to install everything that comes on it onto their computer.
                    Melco Sizer is a program for those who didn't purchase Design Shop. If you had an icon on your desktop for it, it should be deleted.
                    I've always told my customers to simply install the first two programs on the disc which are AOS and DS. Everything else is optional.

Ed
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

But,on the other hand, if my dongle is downstairs on the machine computer and I am upstairs looking for a design, at least I can see the design in Sizer. No other program will see an ofm file.

Juli in Kona

Comment

I have that happening any time I move the dongle from one machine to the other. All the elements are back to the defaults and have to be moved. I like the column containing quick links and colors right next to the design elements list (mouse doesn't have to travel very far). I have tried many different ways to keep them in place but nothing works. It seems like the software thinks it has just been installed again.

It is nice to have sizer when I want to view a file and the dongle is on the upstairs computer. View is the only thing it will do though. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to purchase an extra dongle without having to pay for another complete DS. I often must be no further than the next room when my husband is so ill. I could still do digitizing without starting the software and realizing that I forgot to bring the dongle from the upstairs machine. Much time and steps are wasted. I understand Melco's concern for copying software but not everyone is trying to rip them off.
                        Marcelle Lewis
                        http://embroideryavenue.com
                        http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

To: GF

RE: 3D required to be on for saving as graphic

If your DS9 has the update to 9.00.087 try changing your DPI setting from 256 to something else, apply and then change it back to 256 and apply again. After doing this I am now able to save to jpg files without having 3D turned on and my jpg files are good quality.

Look at Tools/Options and the 'Open Graphics At' DPI setting is about half way down the block. I have no idea why this worked but it did for me.
                          Marcelle Lewis

Comment

Hi Marcelle, I have no problem saving my design to a JPG image. The problem I experience is not being able to print my design unless I go into 3D mode. I often print my design to use as template for placing it.

Comment

GF,

I can print without turning on 3D now and the picture looks like 3D when it prints. I was not able to do that before changing my DPI settings as I described in my other post.

Do you have 9.00.087?

Did you try changing your DPI and then changing it back to 256? Use apply each time.
                              Marcelle Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X