Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.5 x 11 Fast Frame

Help!
    I'm thinking of purchasing the 4.5 x 11" fast frame for embroidering sleeves and I'm not finding a lot of info on Melco's website about it. Is is a stand-alone hoop or do I need anopther part to make it work?
    This is the one I have in mind:
    http://www.shopmelco.com/product_p/15672.htm
    If you have used one, please let me know what, if anything else is needed and if it works well.
    To me it looks like some sort of additional clamp(s) might be needed???

I think you would be a lot happier to get a 30 x 15 cm hoop from Durkee Hoops. It can be used for sleeves and it will also orient the other way. I use this hoop so often that I finally ordered cut stabilizer for it.

The fast frames are great for some applications, but are rather a mess to use. It a reg hoop will do the job, that is definitely what you want to use.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Melco has shut down their webstore...Madeira owns it all now-probably why you can't get any info.
      The fast frame system uses adhesive backing, upside down under the hoop-to hold your sleeve in place.
      Go with Juli's recommendation-get the hoop and you will have less problem.
      Adhesive backings start gumming up your needles and thread...

Comment

Juli, a regular hoop? One that will fit inside the sleeve?
        I looked at Durkee Hoops website and I'm not sure how to get a sleeve inside the 30 x 15 hoop.
        I'm not fond of sticky stabalizers to begin with and if somebody makes a long narrow hoops that fits inside a sleeve, I'd be all over it.
        What I'm hoping to do is long narrow designs running the length of a sleeve or something on a pant-leg.
        Laura

Comment

Looking it over a bit more and it sure looks like a much better system than the sticky stuff that doesn't always stay stuck, I decided to order the 30x15 Durkee Hoop.
          Now to sit and wait for it to get here, gee I wonder what I can find to do in the mean time,LOL

[ November 21, 2009, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Big Dog ]

Comment

The Durkee Hoop is here! If anyone can give me the info to set up the hoop for the Amaya XT, I'd be eternally grateful.
            And please bear in mind I'm new to this, and give the info and instructions in "baby-steps".
            TIA

Comment

Actually, it is already in the hoops selections. When you want it 30 wide and 15 front to back, choose hoop "Rect(16.5 x 30cm) and when you use it the other way, choose "Rect(30 X 16.5cm) The pictures that shoe for these two don't show the "double" hoop. You can go into Tools, Hoop Setup and in Hoop name find the above names. If you can't find it, click on Customize Hoop List and check the two hoops. Easy, Peasy, Lemon Cheasy
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Now, that coouldn't be easier. Thanks Juli!

Comment

Working...
                X