Brand new to Amaya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new to Amaya

I just bought a used Amaya XT a couple weeks ago. Everything is going along well, except for locating any info on what bobbins will work with the machine. I got a few cardboard ones from the previous owner, no info on them at all and I need to order more. By appearance they look like a Type L bobbin, but no info in the manual that I can find.
    Does anyone know if these are type L bobbins?

Yes they are.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks, Juli.
      Great news, I have a bunch of them that were sent in a wrong order for my old Pfaff, if I can just find them...

Comment

Not all bobbins are created equal. When it comes to smooth running and consistent tension, some are very good and some are crap.

Some time ago, we tested [with bobbin tension gauge and machine operation] a number of different bobbins and the ones found to perform the best were [in no particular order] ....

- NEB's [plastic side]

- Coats Tru-sew [cardboard side]

- Magna-Glides [no side]

Some of the "No Name" bobbins ran very poor.
        Tension readings were very inconsistent and varied by as much as 15 grams.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I did find the ones I was thinking of and they are Robinson Anton Type L high yield polyester, and look identical to the ones that caame with the machine.
          I still have a couple boxes of the Nebs plastic ones, I'm glad to hear those will work too.
          I'm thrilled to find this site, so much good info, I'll be doing a lot of reading, and probably asking a lot of questions of I go along. I've been involved in embroidery with my Pfaff and Janome home machines, for about 10 years, but there is a learning curve with the new machine and new software.
          Laura

Comment

Back when thread/backing suppliers used to hand out thread and bobbins at trade shows (about 10 years ago.) I tested about 15 bobbins and found that Coats makes the best ones. I still use Coats bobbins 10 years later. I keep black and white ones in stock.

Comment

We use stickly the magnetic bobins on all four machines with no problem. Never have any build up under the spring. Bill

Comment

i have also bought the magnetic bobbins. And I never had any troubles with buildup - until now. Now I have tremendous buildup. But I am at the very end of the box. So, I am thinking that this might have to do with age.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Juli
                  I would look at everything else your using if it is the same box of bobbins.
                  Like top thread and backing and Sprays are you using anything different?

I have gone through 5 boxes of Magnacores and have yet to have Any build up.

that would be 500 bobbins,
                  I had to clean the case every ten or so with cardboard sided Coats.

and mine were from old stock I had on hand since they first came out.

Though you are in Hawaii it may be humidity, Though we have an abundance in the summer Here in Minnesota...
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

I only have one more to go then I'm out. This is on my other machine, a Happy. I have plenty of other bobbins and I certainly have enough other problems, so am not going to go look for more!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Working...
                    X