ofm to cnd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofm to cnd

If I digitize in ofm V9 and then save in cnd, will the cnd format have the trims that are in the original ofm?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

I think so, but saving it as a .cnd file made things a bit funky for me.....I had text in an ofm file that was changed into wireframe after I saved it as a cnd. Every stitch was in wireframe and each color in the design was broken into smaller parts so, I guess save it as a cnd if there is no need to do any more editing of the design.
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Perhaps the CND designs I have were created that way many moons ago. If I was saving a design for someone who can't use OFM, I guess I'd save it as an .exp file.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
      Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

BUT, does the exp format hold color information? I digitize in V9, but my customer doesn't have that version. When I save to a lower version, things are not so good sometimes, so I have been saving to dst. And that, of course, does not hold color info. I would just like to send my customer a file that DOES have all the color info and does not change the trims , either adding or getting rid of them.

Not do any more tweaking? You've got to be kidding. Right now I am up to 9 different files I have sent my customer. There is always revisions!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Juli, you will have just as many headaches saving as CND. First save it as DST or EXP to maintain the integrity of the design. Then open the expanded file, set the colors and save as the older OFM.
          Janel Pinneke<br />Silver Star Embroidery

Comment

That sounds like a plan. I am always in a quandary about which format to use when my client doesn't have V9. I have V7, BUT find it increasingly difficult to change back and forth! The ol' brain is just not what it used to be! Ah! the ravages of the Golden Years!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Silly Juli. They are not the Golden Years. They are the metallic years:
              Silver in the hair;
              Gold in the teeth; and
              Lead in the pants.

Comment

I have learned something very important about going from V9 to dst. It lost all the pull comp formatting and no telling what else. I ended up going from V9 to V7. Then closed everything and brought up the V7 file. It did bad things to my colors, but I managed to get around that. At least it kept the pull comp formatting.

I am gong to experiment some more to see if I can get this down better. This has NOT been fun!

Comment

You go, girl. If anyone can figure it out, you can!
                  Barb in Broomfield, CO
                  Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Working...
                  X