Using Madeira sample cones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Madeira sample cones

We got all kinds of sample threads from Madeira-the spools won't fit on the thread tubes. Took a chance-being brain dead I can get away with stupid things...and ran out to my drill press-chucked in a 3/8" drill bit-and held the cone on the drill table and ran it at slow speed-right down the original small hole. Works great! Just use aircan to blast off the small bits of plastic left on by static.
    No need to respool the tubes or anything...

Brain dead and running a drill press? Uh oh! :-P :-D Nice idea; altering the cones instead of re spooling.
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

do you have thread breaks???
      I am using my Maderia thread and just pulled my tubing up to past the height of the cone since it doesn't sit exact. It has been a problem that I have more thread breaks than usual, I am thinking this is because the cone is not sitting flat on the top... but I don't know. My boss is handy with the drill and if we thougt it would ehlp, Im sure he would do the same for me.

Thanks for the post and your additional input.

Laurie [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The only thread breaks we get on the small tubes (including ARC spools we still have) is when the thread loops get too big and flip under the spool itself-and wind around the tube. Once it tightens up-thread breaks! Have to keep an eye on the spools when they are really bouncing around on the 'coaster'plate holding the spool up.
        Comparing our Madeira full size thread spools to the ARC (still using up some full spools of colors) I have to say the Madeira runs better...even ran some metallic with no problems!

Comment

Working...
        X