Keeping Track Of Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Track Of Thread

How does everyone keep track of thread inventory?

We're trying to come up with something other than hanging peg board on every available vertical surface

Thanks!

If you know someone who builds cabinets.... bribe 'em.

Mine is 36 inches wide, 18 inches deep. Pull out shelves with pegs to keep the thread from moving around too much. Top shelf is shorter for the small spools, bobbins and extra scissors; the next six are for the 5500 yard ones, and the two bottom ones store extra backings and the BIG metallic spools, and are 12 inches tall. Overall height is 5 feet tall. And if my husband ever manages to finish it, I'll have to make him home made bread and a really special dinner every night for a month. I do cut him some slack, as he is currently at the VA Medical Center where he just had his entire left lung removed. Might be a while before he gets it done...

Comment

We use a cabinet that is 6ft wide, 7 ft tall, 12 in deep. It has pegboard in the back with 2glass patio doors on it. We use plastic shoe boxes on pegboard holders, one for each color thread with roomfor bobbins,tools & misc items. It keeps the dust out. The doors were used ones, the frame is just 1by12s. It has a light in it

Comment

Most suppliers sell thread racks. Madeira sells them for both 1100m and 5000m spools http://tinyurl.com/ylmfx3a
        Many other backing and thread suppliers carry them as well. I have one and just look at it and write down on a piece of paper when a color gets low then place an order. Kind of old fashion but it has worked for me. I try to combine my orders with backing, solvy, needles, thread, etc to save on shipping costs

Comment

Working...
        X