loose stitches at start of design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose stitches at start of design

I am having a problem that I can't seem to correct. I've tried adjusting my bobbin, etc. At the first 4-10 stitches, it's like the thread is not catching, but it flies out of the garment & needle resulting in a thread break. So the needle is penetrating with no thread left behind. it's creating a real problem completing this job!
    Any suggestions??

thx
    Two Bit Embroidery

Change your bobbin;
    Change your bobbin case; or
    Floss your bobbin case.

HTH,
    Judy

Comment

great idea about cleaning the bobbin with floss...duh, so simple! Beats using a business card corner!
      now why hasn't anyone else thought of it before?
      Definitely would get rid of all the crap that accumulates under that tension spring!

Comment

Also make sure the design has 'tie in' at the start of the each color.

Comment

I've seen this problem. It would usually happen when starting a running stitch.

Take Steve's suggestion and add a tie in at the start of each color. That should take care of the problem.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion of adding a Tie In. This worked!
            Actually, I asked Tech Support prior to posting this and they gave this suggestion. However, I did it and I still had the problem. But, this time when I added it, it worked well - no thread breaks throughout the entire design as opposed to multiple thread breaks.
            thanks again!
            Two Bit Embroidery

Comment

Working...
            X