Pricing for high stitch count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing for high stitch count

I have had a lot of high stitch count jobs lately and not sure what is right for these. Currently, I've got 2 items for one customer to do - each has a stitch count of 56,314. So that's a total stitch count of over 100,000.
    How do you all price this?

thx!!
    Two Bit Embroidery

Well, there are folks out there that will sell their time and embroidery for " two-bits" and then there are folks that run their business as a business to make some moo-la for their time and materials and then there a lot of folks with in-between ideas....

A going rate is anywhere around the $1.00 to $1.50 cent mark per 1000 stitches with a minimum hooping charge for the lower stitch count designs or lettering.

Lets say you run your design, w/o any thread break or bobbin issues, at 1000 spm, it will take you at least 1 hour to run one design. This coupled with your materials and the use of your machine(s) and your knowledge and the fact that this one design is tying up your machine for 1 full hour plus the time it takes to hoop and trim...it is not unreasonable for you to charge at least the $1.00 per thousnd stitchs fee.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't off base because it seemed rather high. Thx for your input.
      Two Bit Embroidery

Comment

It's at times like these that we must educate our customers what "stitch count" means to both us and them. If all you had to do was sew out "Fighting Tigers" on 12 garments and you could do 10 of these in one hours time frame charging $10 per item, then you could possibly make $120 in that same hour that it will take you to sew the 56,000 stitch design.
        For this reason, charge a proper price.
        Now, if you are trying to win them over for some reason, say trying to land a big job, then go ahead and work for less but make sure they know what you are giving them otherwise they will come to expect huge designs for cheap.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
        X