An aquaintance bought a Husquavarna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An aquaintance bought a Husquavarna

Diamond sewing/embroidery machine. She spent over $10,000. Excuse me while I go hug my XT's.

I missed the first part of this threadbut it caught my eye. Are you talking about the Viking Designer Diamond home sewing machine? If you are, for the home sewist, that is a way cool machine. I am not a fan of that particular machine but it does things, both sewing and embroidery, for the home sewer that are wonderful. I love my XT also for embroidery but it doesn't sew. I wish Melco gave the support with their machines that the home sewing industry gives it's customers.

Comment

I, too, have a Viking Designer Diamond sewing/embroidery machine. It seems to do everything but slice bread. Totally amazing and wonderful machine, as is my Amaya XT. Apples and oranges.

But I will say that my first large design (after buying my Diamond) started on my Amaya (four 5x7 designs combined) but somehow I moved the design out of the hoop parameters so stopped when it reached the hoop limit. As carefully as I could, I shifted the shirt but just couldn't get the design realigned. So I took it to my Diamond, hooped it on the Magestic hoop (360mm x 350mm), used the new (totally awesome) design positioning feature, was able to place the design and rotate it a little, and voila! it embroidered perfectly!

So think of me when something unhoops itself and you don't want to throw it away.

Have a great day everyone!

Barb in Broomfield, Colorado
      Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

It looks very nice, with larger hoops than I would expect from a home machine. I was just shocked at the price.
        She is an experienced seamstress so already has a sewing machine. I think she bought it primarily to be able to do embroidery. I have a couple of sewing machines, but haven't sewn anything since high school (so long ago)!

Comment

Working...
        X