moisture mgt 100%polyester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moisture mgt 100%polyester

Has anyone had luck with embroidering the moisture mgt shirts people are starting to want.
    The embroidery on some shirts look good, others it is puckering, especially after washing. We are using 1 pc for cutaway and 1 tearaway. The cutaway is woven. I use the poly thread, polyester bobbins. anybody having better luck

After looking at these items in retail stores like underarmor, we usually use two layers of cutaway. If the shirt isn't light is doesn't seem that noticible. Most of the retail shirts have several layers. I am still trying to find a light color solution. Nylon mesh and tear away doesn't always keep the design flat. Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I experimented on a couple of the 'dri wick' type and used the mesh/tear away combination from Fred. Good info about doing it if you 'search' the archives here. It worked great! I didn't think mesh would work but Fred knows his stuff-I now have no problem doing even cheap teeshirts. One trick is do NOT stretch the material out when hooping-keep it flat and even, but don't stretch it. And try and set your design up to sew from the center out, or top to bottom-so that material is pushed 'away' as it sews-not pushed into the center to create puckers. Back off on density, and just center line underlayment on thin stuff, zigzag on wide stuff-no outline underlayment for us and it does the job.

Comment

Margret you mentioned you use 2 layers of cutaway. What weight 2oz, 3oz? Thanks

Cindy in Phoenix

Comment

2.5 oz
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Use spray on adhesive on the backing. It works wonders.
            Yolanda Johnson

Comment

a few issues pls

Roland - Thanks

Margaret
              If you want to use a cutaway - instead of 2 2.5 oz layers why not only 1 -3 oz layer
              A 3 oz "wet laid" non woven cutaway holds a LOT of stitches (50,000 maybe?

The mesh combo elimates the "badge like effect seen from the outside
              We also make a low melt fusible 260F version of the mesh (so as not to shrink nor scorch your fabric and to eliminate any need for messy adhesive sprays

As always pls e-mail me off list for samples

Fred
              Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Working...
              X