karate belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karate belts

Hi everyone. My name is Linda and I just recently purchased an XT. Unfortunately, the weekend our trainer came out, I was somewhat under the weather and the training pretty much went in one ear and out the other. My husband and I are suppliers of Taekwondo equip. and supplies. We need to embroider some belts and can not figure out our alignment. We have notes from our tech showing 25pts for actifeed, pressor foot all the way up, and to use needle #15 for clearance. We kept getting the message that we exceeded our hoop limits. So I thought I would try it anyway. Bad mistake! Thank God the only I broke was the needle. Can someone help me? We watched the video for design registration and tried following that but got nowhere.

What type of hoop are you using? Is it one that is listed in the hoop selection?
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Yes. It is the fast fram for belts and dog collars.

Comment

The frame is good. Did you run a trace before stitching. After the design is set up in OS it should show where the edges are on the computer. Center the design with the hoop and the centering butting (looks like a bullseye)Buttons on the Amaye. Then trace. The trace button on the Amaya is the hoop and the button in the upper left hand corner. It looks like a star with a point. Suppose the be the needle going around the star. I always run a trace on every item to make sure it isn't coming out of the hoop and it doesn't hit. Hope this helps.
        Margaret
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

We did run a trace and it only showed what was going to be sewn on the right hand side f the needle. Don't we have to set up margins on both sides of the belt?

Comment

After you selected the hoop....did you center the hoop to the machine?

When you created the name/design in Design Shop....did you center the design before saving it?

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yes to all of the above.

Comment

Could you please clarify your question about the margins around the design? That may help solve this problem.

If the design is inside the dotted line shown on the screen when you hit the &lt;start&gt; button it should sew out without hitting the hoop. If the hoop limits are correct and enabled the machine will stop before the needle or pressor foot hit anything.

There are several things you can do to make sure the hoop limits are correct for the hoop you are using. First, install the hoop with some scrap cloth, select the hoop and hit the "center hoop" toolbar button. Turn on the laser and mark the position of the dot with a Sharpie. Using a ruler, measure to make sure the mark is at the physical center of the hoop. Next move the rack using the arrow keys, the rack will not move past the hoop limits. Make sure the laser does not get closer than about 3/8" to the hoop. If it does you run the danger of hitting the hoop.

What exactly happened when you traced the design? It sounds like there was a problem. Did you get an error?

Also could be some other mechanical interference with the hoop that is causing the problem.

Always, before sewing a design for the first time, do a trace and make sure it completes with no errors and that the laser spot does not get too close to the hoop.

Comment

Remember that your laser will be off anywhere from 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch depending on how thick the karate belt is. This is because the laser comes in from an angle so the higher you move up from the needle plate, the further off to the right the laser dot will be on the surface of the fabric.
                  If you want to verify the needle is centered in the fabric, click on Tools, Maintenance, and then Head Timing and click on Bottom Center. This will drop the needle and tell you exactly where the needle is lined up with. After leaving these windows, you can do your trace to verify you are not outside the parameters of the hoop limits.

Good luck,
                  Ed Orantes
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I think what threw us off fro the beiginning, we had sewed out a belt with our tech and saved it. When I went brought it up, it said that is was 6.28 inches wide and about .59 inches long. After I made the name change and traced it, I kept getting the message that it exceeded the hoop limits. So I changed it and had to bring it al the way down to less than 5 inches wide. This is where the trouble began. I know we were using the arrows to even it out on both side so that it wouldn't be crooked. Here is where I had forgotten what to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X