Hat back and sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat back and sides

I have a few hats that my customer wants his company name (17 letters long) on the back of a hat and also on the side of a hat. My test run on the back has been a little better than the side, but still have a ton of thread breaks and thread bunching. The sides I can't get to work at all. I am using a slim line frame. Should I use a different hoop? I have tried a few different fonts, but am limited to font size since there are so many characters (.30 inches is the largest letters I've used). I've tried the micro fonts and they look horrible. Please help!!
    Lauri<br />Alpine Embroidery

Try the font Thin Block. I have used this with small lettering with success. But you will probably have to add pull comp (I add using the numbers rather than percent) start with a 2 tet sewout on flat material, then adjust if that's not enough.

Comment

I've used the wide angle cap frame for the sides of hats only once or twice, but it worked well as far as I can remember.
      Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

I just did some text on the side of hats using the WACF and it worked great. I use the Hoop Tech frame for the front and switch to the WACF for the sides...
        June & Marty<br />JuneForever<br />Custom Apparel and Gifts<br /><br />443-904-5060<br />[email protected]<br /><br />Marty\'s email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X