Banner with glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner with glue

I need to embroider large letters onto a 12 ft long banner. The banner did have letters glued onto it. I peeled them off, however there is existing hardened glue on it. The color of the letters is still attached to some of the glue bits left behind. So I have small spots of white on the nice red banner.
    Does anyone know what would remove glue safely from material without damaging it?
    Two Bit Embroidery

It really depends on the type of glue used. And you probably aren't lucky enough to know! I'd start with water, then work my way up from there.

Comment

I would try DeSolveIt. Is gets off all kinds of gummy stuff including gum without damage to fabric. It might leave a spot on the fabric that can be washed off with soap and water but since you are going to embroidery over it the spot will not show. Was developed to take braces off of teeth so it is very gentle. Try on a hidden spot first.
      Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Socar Chemical here in Greenville, SC makes a product called All-Sol, and that's just what it is, an all purpose solvent. I've used it to remove just about anything that another cleaner or solvent wouldn't. My bottle is years old, and still half full. Their phone # is 864-244-5068, ask for Dawn.
        Gregory

Comment

Working...
        X