No announcement yet.

How do I remove trims from a DST file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove trims from a DST file?

My customers design had trim commands between each letter. I went down the tree and deleted every one of them but it's still trimming between each letter.

How do I really get rid of them?

ps. When I double-click on the letter, there are no locks and the trim box is not checked.

Thanks for your and have a great holiday weekend!
    Robyn in AZ

Check in your properties box and see if 'auto' trim is set-default can be around .25 more or less-if this is 'active' it is going to automatically trim anytime there is a 'jump' of that set length in between stitches.
    Also...I know, this sounds dumb...but more than once (a lot more) I've made changes in designshop while my wife is running things-and we forget to LOAD the changed design! Then we sit there and try to figure out why it isn't doing the changes we set!
    Duh...it happens.

Comment

.dst files do not contain a discreet trim command. When the tajima data format was invented the machines did not have trimmers so the command was not built into the file. To get around this a Tajima machine with trimmers will trim whenever it detects a set number of zero motion jump stitches. The jump count used to default to 6 but could be changed at the machine. Digitizers that target Tajima machines will usually be consistent in their digitizing so you just need to know the number of jumps they added for a trim in the design.

The big question is how to find the correct trim count. You can look at the design in expanded editing mode and try to find the zero motion jumps and count them up. Or you can sew the design and if it seems to be missing trims or trimming too much you can adjust your jump count setting accordingly. Generally the jump count will range from 3 to 6.

When you load a .dst file in AOS it will generate a trim any time it reaches the "jump stitch for trim" count in the settings dialog. If the design was digitized with an intended jump count of 6 and you have your jump count set lower the machine may trim in places that were not intended by the digitizer. In AOS go to the settings dialog and check your jump count for trim setting. If you set it to 0 AmayaOS will not generate any trims from jump stitches.

DesignShop works the same as AmayaOS. It automatically generates trim commands when it reaches it's jump count value but it does not remove the jumpstitches. When you delete the trims in DesignShop you aren't getting rid of the jumpstitches so the Amaya machine will still do the trim when it reaches the jump count.

I realize that this is really long and probably terribly boring. But, there has been a lot of confusion over this in the past so I thought I would provide some extra background. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Working...
      X