DST FILES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST FILES

Does anyone know how come some DST files don't convert all the jump stitches to trims? Without converting to wire frame . . . I have run into this several times. A group of designs I'm doing have textured fills so if I convert to wire frame to delete the jump stitches, it will lose the textured fill and replace with a plain satin so I need to avoid that. Any suggestions? BTW, I've tried lowering the jump stitch number to 1 and 2 and 3 on both the OS and DS without success. I have called tech support and they said they'd get back to me in about an hour . . . that was awhile ago of course, but hopefully they'll come up with an answer. Thought I'd throw it out to the board where the user knowledge seems to be!

If I hear from tech support, I'll post their solution just in case this is a problem others experience. The design came from OESD in a DST format. Very well digitized except for some jump stitch issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GF

Trims can be added manually in Expanded Editing Mode
    Janel Pinneke<br />Silver Star Embroidery

Comment

How do you do that? When I look on the right side of my screen, I can see the elements but cannot "expand" them. The trims are within that element. If I "expand" them with the CONVERT TO WIRE FRAME command, I will lose the texture of the fills. Are you saying there is a way to expand the element of say 9 randomly placed leaves without losing the texture of the fills? If you are, what are the commands?

Comment

GF,

I have a couple of questions.

Which version and level of DesignShop do you have?

What problem are you having when the the design is being sewn?

Not all jump stitches in a .dst design should be converted to trims when loaded into DesignShop or an Amaya machine. Some of the jump stitches are necessary for the design to sew correcly on machines other than Amayas.

The digitizer that created the design will set the "jumps for trim" count in their software. You want your "Jump Stitches For Trim" setting to be the same as the digitizer intended. Normally the digitizer will use 6 jump stitches to trigger the Tajima machine trimmers. If you set your DesignShop to generate trims on 5 jump stitches your design should sew out as the digitizer intended.

If you think there are too many jump sitches in the design you can work with your design filter settings to correct the problem.

If you want to add additional trims inside an element you will need a level of DesignShop that allows expanded editing. As you have found if you just convert an element to wireframe you lose the texture of fills and possibly other critical information from the design. DesignShop does a really good job converting expanded elements to wireframe but some information will still be lost.

Comment

I have Design Shop Pro Plus Ver.9 so I should be able to do what you say, but what are the steps?

There are jumps that convert to trims, but about four do not and they are necessary to be trimmed before the next color change. If you would contact me off-list I would be happy to send the file to you and brainstorm this. It seems to be something many experience but just don't know how to correct it, including me.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
          X