visor hooping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visor hooping

I really need a tutorial for visor hooping---I have a simple two line text less than 1 inch that woont sew straight---arg!
    Shana Bagley

I usually measure the distance between the edge of the visor and the edge of the holding fixture on both sides of the hat or visor. My measurement usually is around .125 on both sides. Run a trace and then remeasure while on the machine if it has moved it is not clamped tight enough or if using a hat it is becuase the design is to tall and it pulls the hat out of the hoop. Hope this makes sense

Curtis

Comment

The measeurement is supposed to b 1.125 inches sorry about that

Comment

Make sure you text is sewing from the center out. Bottom line first. If you are stitching the letters like you would normally write them the visor will push to the left and your design will be crooked and or distorted.

Steve I.
        trinity embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I was using the WACF for visors and hooping the same as I hooped for regular hats (the video on the main page of this site is a must!). Need to make sure you are hooped tight! I just recently purchased the Hoop Tech cap frame and did an order of hats and visors on them and that worked well (and saved the blisters on my hands from hooping the WACF so tight )
          June & Marty<br />JuneForever<br />Custom Apparel and Gifts<br /><br />443-904-5060<br />[email protected]<br /><br />Marty\'s email: [email protected]

Comment

Is the Hoop Tech frame you're talking about the green "270" frame? From the pic, it looks like it would hole the cap front really well. Does it work well on the low fronts and unstructured caps??

Thanks,
            Barb in Broomfield, Colorado
            Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Yes - the hoop tech is the green "270". I have only done mesh hats and mesh visors on it so far, but the way it works on those, it looks the same for low profile. I haven't tried an unstructured hat on it, but what I have done thus far has been much easier to hoop, hooped tighter and much easier to line up in the center of the hat. The actual sew-out looked a little better due to the tighter hooping...
              June & Marty<br />JuneForever<br />Custom Apparel and Gifts<br /><br />443-904-5060<br />[email protected]<br /><br />Marty\'s email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X