Slim Line Frames can someone educate me on them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim Line Frames can someone educate me on them

Ok here is the deal, purchased a used machine and it came with the Slim line frames, had lots of people tell me that they can mess up your machine if not used right. First of all what do they do to the machine and how do I use them right? I really need information on the benefits and what to watch for so I use them correctly.
    I realize alot of you use them, can anyone help me, before I sell something that I should have kept
    thanks

Ok allsitchedup....

The dangers in using the Slimline style clamps is .....

1. Leaving the clamping levever is the up position while doing a tracw.

2. Having the clamping lever up when turning on the machine on.

3. Leaving the clamping lever in the up position when turning off the machine and not realizing it is up when turning the machine back on. (Back to # 2)

4. Not selecting the proper hoop size and confirming with a trace to make sure of proper clearances...same as with any hoop....

If the clamping lever is in the up position and the hoop moves forward it can hook up on the back side of the needle case and push it forward which would mean the needle bar(s) would drop and other damage could result. This would be classified as "operator error" as far as any warranty would be concerned and not be covered......

We have found the use of additional clamps around the outside edge helps to hold the material in place to keep a larger design from pulling. It works great on cap backs, Left Chest jackets like Carharts, etc. As for backing, we just tape a piece in place, slide the garment over it, pull the clamping lever down, add low profile clamps/clips if necessary, trace and sew....NOTE...if using additional clamps, make sure of clearance, as you do not want these to be able to hang up on the grabber blade and bind up the needlecase in any way......

The larger 12X9 clamp works great on bags and such, but does not really fill the bill when trying to do jacketbacks. There isn't enough room to put the excess material anywhere under the clamping jaws unless the design is placed very low on the jacket.

They can be a real timesaver if used properly....Sharon and I like them and use them often...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

And the danger of typing an answer to your question is not checking the spelling before sending it....
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

The slim line frames are great!!!! The only way they can mess up your machine is if you do not keep the clamp down when you try to move the machine carriage. I had a huge wreck by forgetting to do that and knocked all my needles out of their case because the frame came forward and the top part of the slim line crashed into and became lodged on the front grabber. Not a pretty sight. And I knew better!!!! When the tech came to repair he said he has about 3 a week just like mine. Expense lesson learned again.

Barbara

In San Antonio

Comment

Working...
        X