Using Solvy with AMAYA XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Solvy with AMAYA XT

I'm having problems using solvy with the XT. It seems to just slide up the needle and fold over itself creating a big lump of solvy. I have to stand there and hold it down (oye) until enough of the design is holding it in place. We didn't have this problem with our EMT10 because the presser foot was a whole circle so, it held the solvy down fine while the needle was moving through the fabric. Is there anything I can do to keep the solvy in place?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Hoop your Solvy along with the fabric and it will eliminate your problem.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Are you not using a hoop? I hoop the solvy with the item and the backing.......

Debbie
      Design Wizard Embroidery

Comment

I hate to waste the solvy-using a big piece to fit a hoop when the design is very small-so we cut a piece larger than the sew area, and put it down with a couple small pieces of masking tape past the 'stitch' area so they don't get sewn in.
        Less waste, and it works fine.
        You can see where to tape it by watching your laser trace pattern.

Comment

Solvy will stick to the fabric with just a tad of moisture. I touch my finger to my tongue, then touch the solvy, then 'press' the damp spot on the solvy to the fabric.

Terri

Comment

I had never hooped the solvy with the material and backing; it was never necessary because with the other machine I could use small pieces and they wouldn't stick to the needle. Taping seems like it would be a pain so, I'll try the moisture thing first. Thanks all
            Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
            X