Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with flat material

Hi
    I have old Amaya machine,and it has recently started giving me problem with any and all type of flat setup....tee's polo blanket....
    the stitches are missing or getting bunched up,thread breaks....only on the flat garment

Hats are fine
    same design behave differently on hats and tees

i use proper backing and the hoop is properly tightened.....
    i cannot figure out what is wrong.....

any suggestions is welcome

thanx

Do you change the needle plate?
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

thanx for reply
      i always use the flat needle plate ..even for the caps...and it works great for me.....

thanx

Comment

Dear EMB Creations,
        I'm thinking maybe your presser foot height needs to be lowered???
        Maybe your caps are thick enough to accomodate the present height but your flats are too thin and hence the fabric bounces between the needle plate and the presser foot.

This is just a guess.
        Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Couple things that used to go wrong for me all the time and cause similar thread problems:
          1: bobbin case had lint/fuzz in the thread 'groove' and under the 'spring' clip-so bobbin thread was inconsistent in feed
          2: duh...I had a habit of putting the bobbin in unrolling the wrong way!
          3: hoop 'arms' were up too high-letting the material 'bounce' up and down. Tech showed me that when shirt is in hoop on the machine, the needle plate should make a 'bump' you can see-so the material is held DOWN to the needle plate, not up in the air
          4: bad bobbin...yes, maybe once in a box-you get a bobbin spool that is just crap garbage...no matter how you set it. Like the bad clementine orange in the crate-you know it's in there somewhere! We have a couple bobbin holders and always keep one loaded, cleaned & adjusted to quickly swap in if we think the bobbin is causing trouble. Put it in, if problems stops-you know that you need to check the bobbin and/or holder first!

Comment

thank you very much guys...

i'm gonna try all these and post back what is working

Comment

Working...
            X