Sports car design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports car design?

Hi, I have seen someone on line with Sports car designs for sale, but can't remember who it was. I need a corvet convertable and can't find one anywhere? any suggestions?
    Carole<br />embhoop.com

I have this one http://www.dakotacollectibles.com/co...ckcode=LS01401 but it is of older Corvettes. I remember recently seeing Dakota set called muscle cars with Camaros and later Corvettes. I can't find it on Dakota's website...maybe it's discontinued.

Comment

Dakota had a big lawsuit against them for using 'copyrighted' vehicle designs. Started with a Limo manufacturer and spread to pretty much any 'brand' vehicle. Jeeps, Ford, Chevy, etc.-they had to discontinue them from the catalog and their files-so you can't order them from them.
      You can digitize for your own files but you can't buy them.
      Might be other digitizing companies out there with what you need, or someone that has the old files.
      Got into the 'copyright infringement' area-just like anything from Disney, etc.

Comment

If you follow that link to Dakoto collectibles, this comes up big and bold...

Licensed Series Embroidery Collection LS01401
        Classic 50's Cars

Licensed Designs cannot be Sewn on Items for Resale.

Comment

I got an e-mail as a Classic Car Collection and called to ask them about the copyright issue. They told me that I could use for resale if I didn't use the name or logo. I did't not feel this was correct infomraiton becasue the cars are so distinctive and recognizable. I went ahead and purchased the collection becasue I have a lot of car people friends. I intend to only use as gifts so I am fine. I will not use for resale unless I get permission or pay for the use. Cost is about $5000 a year for a major car manufacturer.
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
          X