Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Recommend Tear Away Backing for Garments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Recommend Tear Away Backing for Garments?

I had a bad experience with them years ago. They are easy to use for garments and the finished product would look great after the stitchout. However, after it is washed, the stitches would collapse and the embroidery would look terrible unless it was ironed. Since then I stayed with cutaways and poly mesh.

Is anyone happy with using tearaway backing for shirts? If so, what brand do you recommend?

Thanks!
    Ed

We use a layer of nylon next to the shirt with tearaway on top if a white or light weight. Just about everything else is cutaway. We purchase from Brooks Industries becasue they are American made and Fred works for them.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I would definitely not suggest a tearaway for piques, hknis etc. - only cutaways esp the mesh
      For a woven shirt you can get by w a tearaway if the shirt has no or little stretch.
      The weight of the tearaway of course depends on your stitch count and stitch density

Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Working...
      X