cotton bamboo fabric soft hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cotton bamboo fabric soft hand

I have a client who did a large job using a cotton bamboo fabric with a soft hand. Used cutaway medium wt. and a nylon mesh. Looked great when they went out the store but now the customer has brought them back because the embroidery is "crinkling up". Any one have experience with this type of fabric, washing, shrinking, etc. Thanks Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

I have embroidered on cotton bamboo fabric with success but have not yet received any feedback on the washing from my client. Thanks for the information.

I have Bobby Chan (100% silk) shirts to embroider. Any advise on the stabilizer, needle size, sharp or BP? Should I use poly mesh? Topping?
    Viv Yost <br />V-Embroidery<br />Denton, Texas

Comment

I bought a bunch of cutaway backing from Allstitch that had a ripstop material design. It seemed like a good idea. However, when I put the garment on the heat press, the backing, not the fabric, shrunk and caused significant puckering. Now I use it to test a sew out. So, test you backing.
      David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

Sounds like you over-stabilized in my opinion. I embroider on bamboo fabrics frequently. I use a fusible web (that Fred Lebowe creates) and one tearaway floater. Never have problems. Bamboo takes longer to dry and defintely needs ironing after every washing. Also, check your density and tension settings so that the thread "lays" on the fabric and use sharp needles.

Comment

Working...
        X