Fonts Special Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts Special Characters

Since I've owned DS, I have never been able to type in the special characters (registered trademarks, etc.). I'm using a lap-top so I don't have a serperate number key pad. I've held down the "Alt" key and tried to type in the code, but all i get is a "DOINK" sound and no special character appears. Can someone tell me how?

Armand

Design Shop Pro+

Comment

Armand,

A couple of options for getting the special characters:

1. If you have a laptop or non-number pad keyboard, they usually have a number pad built in to the main keyboard (the numbers are typically small and colored). Press and hold <Alt> & <Fn> while you then type the numeric code. Release the <Alt> & <Fn> keys and the correct character should appear. This is your best bet for using built in DS fonts.

2. For other TrueType fonts, you open the character map, choose the font you want to use, select the character you want, copy and then paste in to DS. You can access the character map through: All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map.

Good Luck.

Dorothy
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Dorothy,
        That worked!! I would have never guessed what those were there for. Thank you so much!

Armand

Comment

OK, you guys, I just hate to show my ignorance! BUT which one is the &lt;FN&gt; key. I have two keys (I presume they are the same) that have the microS logo on it and one key on the right that has a symbol that looks like a page with an arrow in its lower rt corner. Is the &lt;FN&gt; key one of those?

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

The &lt;FN&gt; key is the function key. On my laptop, it is the same color as the embedded numbers on the regular keypad. It is typically located close to the &lt;CTRL&gt; and &lt;ALT&gt; keys. If you have a separate number pad, you may not have one on your keyboard.

Dorothy
            Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Some fonts in DesignShop do not allow special characters. Go to the code sheet in DesignShop and it show you the (ALT+number) as well what letters are available for that font.

Comment

Working...
              X