Sew Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sew Disc

I just purchased a Roland GX-24 Cutter. How do I make sew disc?

How do I make cut files?

Comment

You didn't get any instructional tech time when you bought the GX? Did you buy it new or used?
      Generally (I actually own a sign shop and have the Amaya as a sideline) any 'brick and mortar' supplier for this type of equipment include some training time on-site.
      I could tell you how to do it for the Roland SP300V VersaCamm...and I know my Flexi 8.5 program has the drivers' for any cutter/printer out there...but I don't use it for that.
      There is a thread here in the AmayaUsers about making the sew disc-do a 'search' for sew disc, GX-24, or whatever you can think of that it might pop up under and see what you find. You are going to need a graphic program for designing, layouts, etc. and if it runs like the Versacamm-you have to 'assign' a 'CutPath' or 'ContourPath' for the knife to follow. The GX-24 may operate different so do the search!

Comment

I bought it new. The instruction videos are mostly for vinyl cutting and heat transfer. I did take your advice and did a search on "Sew Disc" and found some usefull information. Looks like I have to make a design in Corel, take that design to CutStudio, take the same Corel design to Design Shop and make my sew file. Doesn't seem like too hard of a process. Going to give it a try and see if all lines-up corectly.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen anyone explain that in so few words!!!

Comment

Creating the stitch files in DS is not as easy as it may appear. If you need stitch files for sewing down your twill or applique, I can create them for you for less than half of what Stahls sew discs cost.

Steve I.
            Trinity Embroidery
            Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

If you are going to be doing a lot of twill or applique work, I suggest you look at Stahls website. Check out the Twill Stitch Pro software. It sets up your design to stitch.

Sparky

Comment

Clark/Sparky:

Do you actually own Twill Stitch Pro. The thought of buying something (on sale now for $499) when you own Design Shop Pro + just ticks me off. There should be an easy way to do things but like Steve Mentioned, it's not as straight forward.

Just wondering if anyone on the list owns the program and if it's worth spending yet another 5 bills on another embroidery program.
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

John,

Yes I own Twill Stitch Pro. The process is very easy. We do a lot of names and numbers on the back of shirts (football jersey style). Also we are having people do Twill for Grandpa and Grandma Sweats. You simply cut your twill, take the file to Twill Stitch Pro and set it for tacdkle twill or applique. You can adjust the offset %, Tackdown line, etc. Then you select for your embroidery machine and save to your embrodiery software. I hear you one the Design Shop Pro+, but i am running just the Pro level.

Comment

Sparky:

You say to to cut the twill and take the file to twill stitch pro. What kind of file? Like many on the boards here, we use Rolands Cut Studio Pro with the GX-24 to cut the twill. Can it read those files? Or, do you have to create the original in say Illustrator or Corel, move to Cut Studio and cut while using the same file to import into Twill Stitch.

Wish they had a timed out demo to try and see it it's worth the money.

JOHN
                    John Yaglenski
                    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                    Hilton Head Island, SC
                    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

John,

I don't think it reads the .cst file. I'm using Cadworx software and saving to the plt file, but I'm sure you could use Illustrator or Corel, as there are a number of files that Twill Stitch will read.

Clark

Comment

John,

Pro Stitch sounds like the software that ioline is running for the ioline cutter. They may have other features to accept files other than a .plt

Steve I.
                        Trinity Embroidery
                        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
                        X