Can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can it be done?

I had a neighbor approach me about putting a design on wheel cover. He said it was not vinal but the material they make convertable tops out of. He is looking to have a design heat pressed on it. Has anyone done this? Maybe with a sublimination created design and heat pressed. He says he can find it on the web but nothing local. I would love to know if it is possible, first, and second who can create the subliminated transfer for me to heat press on. I would supply the graphics, but I do not have a sublimination printer.

Thanks
    Cindy in Phoenix.

Remember, as far as I know Sublimation only works on high Polyster content. and white only or very light colors.

I would be more concerned that the material can take the heat from the press without damage before I worried about anything else.

Ron
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

THe tire covers I've done things to-direct screening or vinyl lettering-have been thick enough for the 15 seconds or so to sublimate I wouldn't be afraid to hit them under the press. But as you say also-got to be white!
      This is a job that unless they want a lot of them-if he found it on-line-let him order it on-line! Also-if he wants you to 'duplicate' what he found on line...#1- copyright violation....and, #2....he is going to expect you to be CHEAPER than the one on-line....

Comment

Working...
      X