Bobbin break - proper procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin break - proper procedure.

Sorry for what I imagine to be a very basic question, but it is something I haven't been able to locate an answer for.

What should be the correct procedure for a bobbin thread break (or end of spool) in the middle of a column? Will the software automatically re-tie in, Is there something manually that should be done. I have tie in and out turned on and only when needed.

Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Back the machine up about 8 to 10 stitches before the stitching stopped, and yes, she (the machine) will automatically tie the thread back in. Be sure to clean up the thread mess before restarting.
    Gregory

Comment

TJ,
      When you machine stops on it's own due to sensors detecting a thread break for bobbin break (now refered to as a "Check Bobbin"), the machine will back up 15 stitches to cover over any missed stitches. Older machines such as the EMT and EMC models would back up 10 stitches but due to the Amaya's faster speeds, it's possible to need more stitches to go over the messed up area.
      WITH THAT SAID... As the operator, you may still have to go beyond the automatic 15 stitches to pick up where you need to for a smooth looking stitch.
      Now, if you happen to stop the machine because YOU see that the thread has broken BEFORE the machine senses it, the machine will stop in it's tracks and wait for you to "frame back" to the next starting point.

I hope this helps.
      Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X