No announcement yet.

Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cindy, make sure your design is digitized for caps and that it sews from bottom toward top and from center out both directions. That pushes fabric toward the top and toward the outsides.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Sharon, thanks for the info. I thought caps were supposed to be sewn from the top down. I will try that.

Cindy

Comment

Typical melco...Sue found the Video in Amaya manual (the new V9) and is watching it-we couldn't get a single hat hooped with the 'new' wacf...
        and the video is SOOOO bad...the sequences are off-the voice over is one complete sequence off.
        Yakety yakety is talking about the sequence you haven't seen yet!
        THat's a lot of good....
        sigh.... what did we expect?

Comment

Roland,

Back to Herb and Sharons cap video...Herb explains very well how to use the WACF style frames...it is on the Amayausers web page...

With your new XT, you will be using the XT EXTENDED cap driver designation while use these frames. If you decide to try the old CCF style frames, the CCF/WAD will be used just like on Big Red.

Proper use of the XT Extended frames allows the cap to lay flatter on the sewing arm thereby allowing use of the presser foot just as if you were sewing flats and at a higher speed but the design must be properly digitized also...

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Where is it on the board here? I tried to find it, know I saw it once already...and can't locate it this time.
            We're using the CCF frame now and running around 1100 spm with no problem-but I can't get the design within an inch of the brim.
            If I had to do lowprofile hats I wouldn't be able to-the design would be on top of the head!
            Tried the new frame and the hat just flopped...with stiff backing behind it-and trying to put the 4 clips on the back...after 5 minutes I threw it back in the box and grabbed the CCF..I can hoop on that in less than 30 seconds.

Comment

http://www.amayausers.com/tips/

See the top menu of the site...
              John Yaglenski
              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
              Hilton Head Island, SC
              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks John!
                Maybe the 'tips' header should say 'videos' under it for us dummies....

Comment

Limited space my friend... Tips, Tricks, Forms and Videos would be a bit long - LOL.
                  John Yaglenski
                  Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                  Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                  Hilton Head Island, SC
                  http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Don't even use the clips unless doing a very wide design .....
                    Rod

Comment

Thanks Rod...we noticed in Herb's video we just watched that he said only use them for side sewing...so that may speed things up for me!
                      We have to get this order of 50 done before we try playing with a different hoop...then off to jeeping for a couple days-next week we experiment with the XT and see what we can learn!

Comment

Working...
                      X