Banner Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner Suggestions

An organization wants me to make a banner using a design that they have on the back of their shirts (I did the shirts). Their current banner is satin. It needs to be 32-36". They're letting me decide what kind of fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions for fabric? Any suggestions/tips for sewing? What about pricing?

Thanks,

Terri
    Embroidery Creations

Is it a fabric banner, done with applique & more for indoor use?
    If so use unbacked Tackle Twill from Stahls or Dalco or you can use Flag Nylon from Eder Flag.
    If you are talking about a banner for heavy outdoor use those are made from various kinds of Banner Vinyl and done with a VersaCAMM Printer/Cutter.
    HTH
    Debbie Garifi
    Design WIzard Embroidery
    (661)263-7050

Comment

I can do a banner using 'poplin', same material I use for tablecovers and the Amaya 'jammies' I had last year...over 30 people bought them.
      It's full color digital printed 'heat seal' die cut decal from my Versacam, ends up flexible, machine washable, color proof, and the poplin material won't even wrinkle. Less than 1/4 the weight of the normal 'banner material' that I can print directly with the versacam.
      Now, for pricing-in my sign shop, 'normal' banners-adhesive vinyl diecut and applied to banner material-averages $10-15 per square foot.Direct printed banners, full color- $15 a square foot (my printer has a 30" width roll max.)
      A 36" or so 'poplin' with full color decal would run Around $85-125 depending on how large the decal is. Takes me a day or so to make one up-if I have the color material you need.

Comment

Thanks Signman. This group wants it embroidered like their shirts. It is only used indoors. Their last "banner" was some kind of satin. Since the design is jacket back sized I'm leary of using satin due to hoop burns with the wooden hoop. They are looking for a little "elegance" which satin with it's sheen gives.

Terri

Comment

Check out your local 'fabric' store or outlet...see what they have for a satin look fabric that is washable-that way you can steam out hoop burn...and it might help to put a piece of thin tissue paper on the material before you hoop it-this also will help prevent it. Wrap your wooden hoops also with thin strips of adhesive backing-wrap it like a tennis racquet handle and it will last for a long time. This gives the hoop more 'grip' using less 'force'...again. alleviates some of the hoop burn.
          If the banner hangs from a rod in the top-like a cloth kitchen calendar, don't forget to allow 6" extra material on the top for that!

Comment

Great suggestions. My large hoops are currently wrapped with something called vet wrap. Sticks to itself, kind of spongy like some drawer liners or rug under liner on hardwood floors.

Thank you.

Terri

Comment

Working...
            X