Help! Circles on hats not round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Circles on hats not round!

I cannot get a fill circle to sew as a circle on an unstructured hat. I've tried changing directions, entry and exit points, density, underays and I just know I'm missing some key trick somewhere. Please help me! Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone.

Maybe try more backing. Two layers at least of the hat backing. Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Assuming that you have proper backing and you have taken steps to stabilize with underlay, if you were to compensate for the outcome... meaning if your "circle" ends up taller than wide or vise-versa.. and you were to digitize an oval, anticipating that it will pull in a certain direction and push in the opposite. This is what needs to happen. I hope I'm being clear. Measure what you get, then digitize what will fill out to that size. I would normally use a horizontal fill from the bill up. A shorter stitch length on the fill will pull less and lower density may push less. If you lower the density on top, you may need more in the underlay.

Comment

THANK YOU! We have been using backing etc. but I understand where your info makes sense. These are some of the things I needed info on. I've tried altering the density of the fill and the underlay but not the stitch length or that particular combination. Will give it a try. Thanks again.

Comment

I've been in the Upholstery business for 36 years and I find that using HEAVY Skirt lining (crinoline) is the best backing you can use for caps. A small amount of spray glue and you are in business.
          I use it on all my unconstructed caps and on some caps that do not lay down good after being hooped. like the S113 Kati Jagged edge caps.
          Some of them are have a hump in them after being hooped. The heavy backing helps control the bounce and wrinkles you may have.

(For a few that don't know skirt lining is for skirts on sofas and chairs, not your wifes skirts).

Note: some skirt lining is to thin so be sure to get the thick lining.

Wayne

[ March 13, 2009, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]

Comment

We have this problem a lot and decided to embroider patches, apply some hot melt foil at the back of the finished patch before cutting and apply them with a cap-press. bit more work - but perfect results every time

Peter
            MPST digital design
            Vienna Austria

Comment

Working...
            X