eps files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eps files

I just got an eps file from a customer. How do I open this thing? If I double click on it, it will open in MS Picture It. But the quality is so poor that I can't even tell what it is! I know that it is very small - less than 2" high

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

send to me - you need to open it in illustrator or corel draw. It's an encapsulated post script file.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Juli,
      Your computer has "associated" the .eps files with the MS Picture software. If you know you have another program on the PC that can open .eps files, you just need to change the association command. This is easy in Windows XP.
      I have no idea how to do this in Vista.
      Other programs would be like Adobe illustrator or Corel Draw. If you don't have programs such as these, then you can only view the file in Design Shop ONLY if you have "Design Shop Pro +".
      Or you can find someone who does have appropriate software and they can open it for you and save a copy as a .JPEG or .BMP file so you can open it easilier.
      Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

To change the file association in Vista, browse to the file you want to open, right-click, chose "open with," then "choose default program, select the program you want to use. You have the option to select the check box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."
        Hope this helps.
        Mary
        Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Working...
        X