Toddler & Youth Size Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler & Youth Size Caps

I have problems hooping and sewing the toddler and youth size caps.

The crown area is not big enough for the hat to stay hooped or to allow the machine to move freely as it sews out the design.

Any one else have these problems?
    Any suggestions?

Customer wants 10 more and I don't know what to do.

Thanks, Robyn
    Anthem, AZ

I have done some youth hats and some other low profile hats.About the only thing you can do is get as close as you can to the bill and or shrink the design.

Curtis

Comment

Is there any chance that Melco could re-Engineer a cap frame, making it smaller, to allow for the smaller Youth caps? A separate cap frame would really make a difference.

Comment

> Could Melco re-Engineer a cap frame, making it
        > smaller, to allow for the smaller Youth caps?

It's the cap, not the hoop! The post (the thing that contains the bobbin) has to go somewhere. This is the same problem we have with low profile hats. You just have to have shorter designs and get it as close to the brim as possible.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Robyn,
          If you are sewing on smaller caps, then everything should be proportional such as smaller designs as well.
          You might want to forget about the Wide Angle Cap Frame and Driver and use something like Fast Frames with traditional sticky backing.
          Fast Frames has the 7 in 1 system (sold in Melco Mart) which should contain at least one of the seven windows that would work for you or you could contact Fast Frames directly (FastFrames.com) and ask them about their solutions for sewing on caps. They have a unique shaped window that allows home sewers to sew on the front of soft caps using their home embroidery machines that don't come with a cap driver system.
          This window/frame I speak of looks like a trapezoid and is offset/bent to fit the cap a little easier.
          Hope this helps.
          Ed Orantes
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
          X