wacf xt working depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wacf xt working depth

Looking for answers on the working depth for the cap frames. I am trying to hoop hats that are smaller and when I do a trace it pulls the hat off the frame. Any comments or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have had the same problem. I make sure the back velcro strap is undone or back strap is as loose as possible. It is hard to explain the rest of what I do, so if you don't get your answers off this list, e-mail me privately and we can communicate by phone from there.

Have a great day,

Linda Webster
    Linda Webster<br /><a href=\"http://www.fancyneedles.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fancyneedles.com</a><br />[email protected]

Comment

there is more information on hat hooping and sizes if you do a 'search' here. On the 'big red' amayas we have 1 3/4" height, maybe 2" on certain hats to use. The XT's from what I read here might be able to go up to 2 1/2" but it depends totally ON THE HAT. The low brow unstructured hats limit you to 1 1/4" or so, 'high brow' hats maybe 1 3/4 if they have the full structure face.
      If your hat is getting pulled off on the trace, then you may not be 'down' to the brim as close as possible, and going too high on the hat face. Your design may be too high for that style hat...no way you can embroider 'all the way up' on hats like the commercially produced hats in the sports stores-those are done as 'flats' before the hat is assembled.

Comment

The solution - the only practical solution - is to decrease the height of the design. My max is 2.5" and less if I can. Once I did that, most of the problems disapired. Now I rarely loose a hat.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Not sure if i am explaining this correctly? After I hoop my hat which is a cheap daystone hat I place the hat on my machine. I do a trace design and when it rotates left and brings the cap farther into the machine it pulls the cap off the machine even after only an inch of movement. Is the overall depth of the hat to shallow or is it because of the quality of the hat? I am dumbfounded with these hats.

Comment

I understand what's happening...but you haven't explained the type of hat yet...is it low brow, medium brow or high brow?
            Is your design in the AMaya OS window all the way to the 'top' of the screen page (on the amaya, is it all the way down against the 'brim' of the hat?
            What's happening is the 'snout' of the bobbin holder is inside the hat-and as you trace-the design is either too tall, or isn't moved as close as you can go to the brim.As the hoop moves for tracing, the snout is pushing against the top of the hat-and something has to give somewhere-so it pops out of your hoop.

Comment

Herb has posted a 'video' on hooping hats, I watched it a couple weeks ago...but I can't remember if he goes into detail about the recommended 'height' of designs on hats-worth watching anyways. It's posted under Tips & Tricks back on the 'home page' here.

Comment

What is the vertical dimension of your design?
                Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Working...
                X