Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step and Repeat

Happy New Year everyone!

When you do a step and repeat, is it possible to sort the colors so that all the first color in all the repeats sew first and the the 2nd,, and so forth?

Juli in Kona where we are about to have a Beautiful Hawaiian Day! Looks like a beach day to me! And, BTW, in the month of Dec, we had 136 private jets land at the Kona airport! We love it.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Juli,

Probably, but I don't know that it would be worth the trouble because each individual design that was repeated would have to be edited individually in the Project Tree. In the case of multiple patches, that could mean a "lot" of time involved.

Also, depending on the type of material and/or the hoop size, because of the possibility of the push/pull of the fabric, you may wind up with registration problems of the adjoining elements within the design. It would probably be easier to just put up with dealing with all the color changes involved with the Step & Repeat process.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I think you're right!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Been there, tried that Juli...and as Rod points out-you risk poor registration of each additional color. You aren't going to save any time-because your amaya is going to stop/cut/move/start over for every item anyways...so you might as well let it start and finish each one completely. I've done small patches for scouts that way-with the large hoop setup-I have the design sewout an outline, stop, set the patch in place, start with a tiedown and then sew the patch. Then move the hoop for the next one, and start over. Also, by sewing one at a time...if something screws up or you see a digitizing flaw=it hasn't been repeated on all of them-you have a chance to stop, fix the digitizing, and reload the design.

Comment

I see the wisdom, but I had to ask.

Juli in Kona

Comment

that's what you get for sitting in all that sun over there...fried brains...
            come on over here and freeze your tuckus with the rest of us New Englanders...you'll have a new respect for real weather! The HIGH today is supposed to be 10 degrees... NOT counting the wind chill factor. Even the stone angles in the cemetaries are covering their naked......
            LOL.....

Comment

angels, I meant...so cold my fingers won't work

Comment

Working...
              X