Baseball Cap Bill Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Cap Bill Embroidery

Hey all I need to know if there is a way to embroider on the bill of a cap? Is this usually done by a manufacturer before the hat is assembled? Also is there a way to embroider the letters on a different medium and then glue them to the bill? Any thoughts on this would be great. I am new by the way and so excited to be here!

Liz,
    What most of us here in "embroidery world" do is after market embroidery on finished goods. If you want to have custom embroidery on cap bills, then you must coordinate this with a cap manufacturer.
    If you choose to glue a "patch" onto a finished garment, there's no reason why you can't. I just don't know how professional it may look when all is said and done. That will all be up to you, the garment, the patch, the glue, the customer, the application, etc....
    Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Any ideas on who to use for manufacturing this? I have a guy who wants his name of the company on the bill of the hat. It has the potential to be in mass quantities for widespread distribution. Thanks again!

Comment

Otto does custom production. I don't know if they will do a sample to pitch a customer with but it might be worth a call.
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Couple of companies do 'laser cutting' so you could get the name done embroidered, laser cut, with the heat application glue on the back...and just use a hat press to apply it to the cap. Same as the 'scrambled eggs' for military hats.
          But you aren't going to come even close in price to having the entire hat done by a specialty company...and it will be imported-I don't think there is a company left that does it in the states.
          I get email flyers every week from companies with prices you won't believe-but quantity makes a huge difference in price! If you aren't set up for ad specialty sales I'd be glad to help you.
          Then you can just do the digitizing and run off a 'sample' for him to proof, send your design file to the right company and a couple weeks later-you have cases of hats. Make sure he will pay at least half up front-and NO refunds...because YOU have to pay for it all once it's shipped-there's no returns on this stuff!
          Roland

Comment

Try www.headwear.com.au . Select USA as range and there is a link to the catalog. In the middle of the catalog it shows much of the customizing that can be done. Minimum is 144 caps and it may take a couple/few months.
            David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

Working...
            X