Copyright Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright Question

I have a customer that wants several racing logos on shirts. I am pretty sure these are copyrighted logos since they are tire companies, etc. However, they do not have the circled c. Is it ok for me to embroider these logos if they are copyrighted? They do not have the copyright 'C' but I believe that may be because they have been used to produce stickers and other heat pressed items by my customer. Thanks for all your advice.
    April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

IF your customer is a 'distributor', or sells the tires, etc.-then chances are he has permission to 'advertise' the products. Logos do NOT have to have the ™,®, or © to be copyrighted-sometimes it just doesn't fit the 'use' or would be too small to see.
    I can guarantee you though, if the tire company is a 'national' brand-it will be copyrighted!
    If he is just having some shirts made for his own use, then he cannot just go and use copyrighted logos...that's a no-no. But if he is a dealer, racecar driver or team, and is sponsored by or sells the products-he would be given ad slicks, logo copies, permission to use the logo since they are his sponsor or supplier...and you are okay.
    Protect yourself...ask to see printed 'permission' or ad slicks, etc. to make sure he can use them!

Comment

Ok, that's what I was thinking too. He is not a distributor but is a race team. I will verify they have permission before I go to all the work to digitize. Thanks so much!!
      April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X