Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna help a newbie? (Digitizing & backing tips)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna help a newbie? (Digitizing & backing tips)

Hi all! I am still learning the business and will be heading to training soon, but in the mean time I have work to do.

I have a logo that I digitized, but I am not real happy with its sew out. IMHO, its a bit complex, but I did digitize it myself, not using the auto-digitizer. My problem may not be the design but may be the material/hooping I am doing, as it sews out with few/if any breaks.

The logo is a "3D" building with a plumb-bob and lettering. My issues with the sew-out is that not everything lines up as shown and some puckering. I am sewing it onto a 100% cotton knit and have been experimenting with many different backings and hooping techniques.

What is the recommended hooping/backing/topping for a pocket logo on a 100% cotton knit shirt?

I have tried 2oz cut-away, 2oz cutaway & 2 oz tearaway, 2oz cutaway using spray adhesive to hold in place and tried with and without solvy topping. I also tried hooping fairly tight and fairly loose. Any best practices on this type of layout for hooping tension and backing/topping? Any specific machine settings I should really look at?

If anyone has a little time and wants to check over the digitizing (this is what I am really still learning) you can get the file here:

http://www.juneforever.com/images/TCI_Logo_Pocket.ofm

Thanks for any feedback you can give.
    June & Marty<br />JuneForever<br />Custom Apparel and Gifts<br /><br />443-904-5060<br />[email protected]<br /><br />Marty\'s email: [email protected]

I treated the building much like you did the girder below, as single line centers without underlay, and let the DS auto sequence. I think running all that underlay for the complex fill first, you are getting your push and pull outtawhack before you come back with the topcoat. Therefore, I put an underlay for the plumbob down first, so when you came back for the second color, your fabric in the middle is stabilized, then began the satins for the building girders. Send me you email addy to dave at integrityemb dot com, and I will return the little bit I did to see if it helps you.

regards,
    Dave
    David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

Comment

Working...
    X